Wednesday, October 29, 2008

ICANN Sends Termination Notice to Registrar

ICANN sent EstDomains a termination notice:
"Dear Mr. Tsastsin:

Be advised that the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) Registrar Accreditation Agreement (RAA) for EstDomains, Inc. (customer No. 919, IANA No. 943) is terminated...."


I believe this is a very positive step from ICANN, showing it is indeed an active part in shaping the Internet, as well as responsible to its constituents.

While I am sure this can not be an easy move to make, it is warranted in this case and I believe it to be a brave one. While such decisions must not be made rashly, it is my deepest regret WHOIS information is the only way to reach such ends.

Gadi Evron,
ge@linuxbox.org.

Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/gadievron

No comments: